Skip the taco truck—we’ve got a super simple recipe for homemade baja fish tacos you’ll want to eat every night this week! These things are seriously delicious, and are actually pretty healthy (as far as tacos go). Naturally, we recommend using our Key West Yellowtail Snapper, but there’s a lot of flexibility here that gives you some culinary freedom.
Let’s get cookin’!
Homemade Baja Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Before you fire up the skillet, you’ll need to gather the following:
For the Baja fish tacos
- 1-1.5 lb. Yellowtail Snapper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- lime zest (optional but delicious)
- olive oil
- 10-12 small yellow corn tortillas (or other tortillas of your choice)
For the mango salsa
- 1 diced mango
- 1/4 diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- lime zest
- olive oil
- red pepper flakes or jalapenos (optional)
- fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Queso blanco for garnish (optional)
- Heat your grill or skillet to medium-high heat (if using a skillet, add a little olive oil to the pan before heating).
- Combine the dry seasonings and lime zest for the fish in a small bowl, then rub the blend onto the Yellowtail Snapper.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the fish.
- Grill the fish for about three to five minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove from the grill or skillet and cover while you prep the tortillas and mango salsa.
- Combine the mangoes, cilantro, lime zest, red onion, red wine vinegar, and garlic in a bowl and toss with a little olive oil. If you want it a little spicy, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- If desired, toast the tortillas in a 400-degree oven for about 5 minutes, or until they reach the desired crispiness.
- Distribute the mango salsa among the tortillas.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and add to the tacos.
- Garnish with cilantro or small pieces of queso blanco (white cheese) to add flavor.
Yellowtail Snapper In Stock at Eaton Street Seafood Company
Getting hungry yet? Eaton Street Seafood Company makes it easy to get all the best flavors of Key West delivered straight to your door. We offer overnight delivery of our famous Yellowtail Snapper and other favorites so you can make fresh seafood meals at home, no matter where you live.
Stop by or order online today—and check back for more Key West culinary inspiration like our Baja Fish Tacos recipe!