Conch meat, get your fresh conch meat! Conch meat for sale at Eaton Street Seafood Market!
Conch meat is about as newsworthy as it gets here at Eaton Street Seafood Market. This ocean delicacy is truly an underrated gem – there are too many folks that don’t know what conch is or how amazing it tastes.
Not to worry – we’re sharing one of our favorite recipes for fried conch that will have you feeling full yet begging for more!
Fried Conch Strips for an Easy Weeknight Meal
Let’s not put the conch before the shell—First, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 large pieces of conch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 fine bread crumbs or breading of your choice
- 1/4 TSP cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Ready for a palate-changing meal? Let’s get started:
- Fill a pan with about 1/4″ of oil and heat on medium high.
- Clean conch, then beat heartily into a thin layer.
- Cut the flattened conch into 1-inch strips. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, and cumin in a bowl.
- Combine the flour and bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip each piece of conch in the egg/milk mixture, let excess drip off, then coat in the flour/bread crumb mixture.
- Add coated conch to the oil and fry for 3-4 minutes or until the conch is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
Minimal effort, minimal cleanup, and all the flavor of the perfect weeknight meal!
Conch Meat for Sale at Eaton Street Seafood Company
Ready to try this recipe for fried conch? Eaton Street Seafood Market has conch meat for sale that’s perfect for this oh-so-easy meal. Order today and have it shipped directly to your door overnight.
Want more weeknight food-spiration? Head back to our blog for some more amazing Key West-inspired recipes.