Even non-fish lovers can’t deny that grilled yellow jack is pretty amazing. If you ever have someone tell you they don’t like fish, just grill up a piece of yellow jack and watch them change their minds!
Our online fish store is brimming with fresh-caught yellow jack, and we’re sharing the perfect recipe for you to savor it at home. Let’s dive in!
Mouthwatering Grilled Yellow Jack Recipe
Here’s what you need to gather:
- 2 6-oz filets of yellow jack
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 6 TBSP regular olive oil
- extra lemon slices (optional)
Ready for an amazing grilled yellow jack experience? Fire up the grill and follow the steps:
- Combine the seasonings, olive oil, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Place the filets in a shallow dish and douse with the marinade. Allow the filets to soak for at least one hour, turning at least once so both sides of the filets are coated.
- Set your grill to high heat and spray with non-stick spray or oil.
- Remove filets from the dish and allow excess marinade to drip off before placing on the grill rack.
- Grill fish for five minutes per side, or until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Serve with extra lemon slices or squirt fresh lemon juice over the fish before eating.
Order Yellow Jack from Our Online Fish Store
Just in time for Valentine’s Day (or any day!), we’re fully loaded with yellow jack and other Key West favorites in our online fish store!
We bring the best flavors of Key West waters straight to your kitchen. Place your order today and consider tomorrow’s dinner done!