There are two major perks of ordering from an online seafood market:
The first being you get high-quality seafood that’s just as fresh as though you bought it straight off the boats.
And the second is that you can check out all their tried and true recipes
to make your seafood order worth savoring.
Today we’re sharing one of our favorite winter meals: Tomato Seafood Chowder, a surefire crowd-pleaser that’s filling and flavorful.
Let’s get cooking!
Tomato Seafood Chowder Recipe
Before we get started, make sure you have the following ingredients on hand:
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon regular olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (or extra chicken broth)
- 12-16 ounces Key West pink shrimp
- 6 oz crab meat
- pinch of parsley
- pinch of basil
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of black pepper
- a few ginger shavings
- chopped red Chile pepper, if you like it spicy
- scallions for garnish, if desired
Got your ingredients? Let’s start simmering this soup to perfection:
- Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven to saute the green bell pepper until slightly soft. Add the garlic and simmer until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce, chicken broth, wine, spices, and red Chile pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. This allows all those amazing flavors to harmonize.
- Add the shrimp and crab meat, then cover and simmer again for about 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink.
This meal is simple enough for a weeknight, yet delicious enough for weekend company. You can’t go wrong!
Eaton Street Seafood Is Your Online Seafood Market
For decades, we’ve been Key West’s choice for the freshest seafood on the island. And now, thousands of customers throughout the country rely on us for their little taste of Key West cuisine, without ever leaving home.
We’re your online seafood market, giving you access to all your favorites like Key West pink shrimp, stone crab, conch, mahi-mahi, grouper, and more! Check out our online shop today
to find your next dinner inspiration.
See you next time!