Welcome back to the Eaton Street Market, where you can find fresh seafood online that delivers right from the waters of Key West. Last week, we kicked off the start of grouper season with a delicious pan-fried red grouper recipe. Hopefully, you treated yourself to a taste of this mild, flaky fish already. But if not, you’ll have another great chance this week.
This time out, our celebration of the start of grouper season continues with a local recipe for broiled red grouper fillets with mayo and Parmesan cheese. This is one of the most popular ways to cook grouper down in Key West and we’re anxious to share the recipe with our readers. Here are all the directions you’ll need to join in the grouper celebration.
Broiled Grouper Fillets With Mayo and Parmesan Cheese
Here is a complete list of the ingredients you’ll for this fantastic recipe:
- 4 red grouper fillets (total of about 2 pounds)
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/3 cup of softened butter
- 3 tbsp real mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 lemon, quartered into wedges
As you can see, this is a short list of ingredients, but you can rest assured it won’t be lacking in flavor.
Instructions for Preparation
Preparing this delicious broiled red grouper dish is about as simple as the list of ingredients. Here’s how to prepare the fish to perfection:
- Allow the broiler part of your oven to preheat.
- Grease a medium-sized baking sheet and put the fillets on it.
- Brush fillets thoroughly with lemon juice on both sides.
- Using a small bowl, mix the mayo, butter, and Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir again and set aside.
- Place baking sheet into oven and broil fillets for 5-6 minutes. Fillets are ready when you can easily flake them with a fork.
- Remove fillets from oven and cover the top of each with the cheese and mayo mixture.
- Place back in broiler for an additional 30-45 seconds. The topping should be a golden brown before removing.
- Garnish with rosemary and lemon wedges and serve.
This recipe will serve 4 adults. We suggest serving the dish with wild rice, risotto, or your favorite grilled veggies. Either way, your friends or family will experience a delicious meal courtesy of the Eaton Street Seafood Market.
We’ll return with another recipe very soon, but in the meantime remember that we’re the best spot in all of Key West for dine-in, carry out, and fresh seafood online that delivers.