Welcome back to the Eaton Street Seafood blog, where we offer one of our favorite Key West seafood recipes every other week. This time out, we’re presenting baked mahi-mahi with asparagus. We’re confident you’ll love it as much as we do, especially if you order the mahi-mahi directly from us.
So you’ve come to the right place if you want to order from the best online seafood market in the business. Although Eaton Street Market offers carryout and onsite dining, we specialize in fresh seafood delivery. In fact, we even offer overnight delivery for orders that are submitted early enough the day before.
Now let’s get down to the recipe.
Baked Mahi Mahi with Asparagus
Delicious, moist, and always tender, mahi-mahi is one of the most popular table fish available in Key West. The recipe we’re presenting here is both delicious and easy to make. It has enough seasoning to accent the flavor of the fish, but not enough to overwhelm it. In addition to directions for cooking the mahi-mahi, we’re also providing a recipe for the asparagus.
We suggest serving the fish over rice, so remember that rice will take about thirty minutes to cook and to time the meal accordingly.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for preparing the fish:
- 4 fresh mahi-mahi fillets (approximately 2 pounds)
- The juice from one lemon
- 1/3 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup of real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
You’ll also need to have the following ingredients to grill the asparagus:
- 1 pound of fresh asparagus
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Here are the simple directions for baking the mahi-mahi fillets to perfection:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Place fillets in a baking dish, then season them with garlic salt and fresh pepper
- Blend the mayonnaise and onions and spread the mixture over the filets
- Allow to cook for approximately 25 minutes
Lastly, here’s the easiest way to grill the asparagus:
- Preheat skillet or grill to high heat
- Spread the olive oil lightly over the asparagus spears
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grill for approximately 3 minutes
This meal will serve four adults and leave everyone eager to come back for more. Until next time, enjoy!