Shrimp is a staple for most fresh seafood lovers. Key West Shrimp are harvested in the wild in the pristine waters of the Florida Keys. Their pink color and distinctly flavorful taste make them stand out among other shrimp varieties.
If you live far from the coast, you can still enjoy fresh seafood. You can now buy shrimp online, and it will be shipped to you quickly to preserve its freshness.
Pink shrimp have sweet tender meat, and they look opaque after you cook them for a few minutes. They are easy to cook, and you can eat them alone or with many other recipes.
To help you to enjoy delicious Key West shrimp, we’ve provided a simple recipe for sautéed shrimp. After cooking, you may eat them with salad or pasta. Feel free to add them to fresh fruit, veggies or mashed potatoes, too.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (diced into tiny pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper (crushed)
- 1 pound of Key West shrimp
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Lemon wedges
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat
- Put the garlic in the pan and allow it to cook until it is soft but not brown. (for about 2 minutes)
- Put the shrimp and red pepper flakes into the skillet and add some salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes until the shrimp have a solid bright pink color.
- Add the cilantro leaves and lemon juice. Resume cooking until the liquid has dried up.
- Switch off the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the lemon wedges on the side and serve the shrimp warm.
Buy Shrimp Online and Dig in Today!
You can use this recipe to cook your own pink shrimp within 10 minutes. To get fresh Key West shrimp online, place your order now and we’ll have them shipped to you fresh. We also stock a variety of fresh seafood including various species of wild-caught shrimp in our online store.