Bacon makes EVERYTHING better. And bacon wrapped shrimp is a tasty appetizer. Its uniquely sweet and savory taste is a great delight to seafood lovers. The crusty bacon and marinated shrimp may be served as a cocktail dish or added to another recipe.
If you need a fresh supply of shrimp to make this delicious recipe, you can order seafood online and it’ll be quickly delivered to your doorstep.
Before you order some fresh shrimp, check out this recipe for making bacon wrapped shrimp. It’s easy to follow, and you’ll have this sweet, crusty dish ready within 30 minutes.
- 1 pound of large peeled shrimp
- 12 oz. bacon (10 slices)
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- A tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- A tablespoon of parsley (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the chili powder, black pepper, olive oil, paprika and salt in a mid-sized bowl to make a marinade.
- Put the shrimp in the marinade and stir it well. Let it marinate for a quarter of an hour.
- Cut the bacon into two pieces about 4 inches long.
- Put foil on a baking sheet and then place a wire rack on the foil.
- Put the strips of bacon on the rack.
- Roast the bacon for up to 8 minutes or till it starts to shrink and turn red. It should still be flexible.
- Let the bacon cool for about 10 minutes till you can handle it with your fingers
- Wrap each shrimp with the slightly cooked bacon slices.
- Stick a toothpick in to hold them together.
- Arrange the shrimp in one layer on a tray to roast the bacon for 5 minutes in the oven.
- Take the tray out and flip the shrimp over.
- Brush each shrimp with half of your maple syrup.
- Roast the shrimp again for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven, brush on the rest of the maple syrup, and roast for another 5 minutes. Use a high setting on your oven. Broil till the bacon is crisp and deep red.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a plate.
- Garnish it with parsley and black pepper.
Order Your Seafood Online to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
We know you’re ready to get started with this tasty shrimp recipe. Order fresh shrimp online and you’ll have them kitchen-ready in virtually no time. Visit our online store now to get a wide variety of freshly packed seafood today.