Thanks for coming back to Eaton Street Seafood Market, where you can have a wonderful dining experience at any time of the year and it’s easy to have fresh fish delivered to your door. We’re happy to serve you in person or remotely, but we’ve got a great recipe for everyone who wants to order fresh seafood online.
We’ve focused our recipes on fresh fish for the past few weeks, but we’re changing things up this time out with a Key West Pink Shrimp Fettuccine with Tomatoes and Herbs. It’s a satisfying dish that’s both delicious and easy to prepare, and here’s everything you need to know to prepare it.
Key West Fettuccine With Tomatoes and Herbs
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 lbs Key West Pink Shrimp, peeled
- 12 oz fettuccine pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup dry chardonnay wine
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Medium Sized Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
Once you’ve gathered and prepped the ingredients, here are cooking instructions:
- Boil fettuccine in a large pot until moderately tender
- Drain the pasta and place back in the pot. Then stir in a tablespoon of butter
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Add in the shrimp and saute for approximately 3 minutes or until cooked through
- Using a slotted spatula or spoon, remove the shrimp and place in a bowl
- Place tomatoes, garlic, and 1 tbsp butter in skillet. Sautee for about 2 minutes
- Add wine to the skillet and increase heat to high
- Let mixture boil for approximately 7 minutes, or until it’s reduced by about one half
- Reduce heat back to medium and whisk the remaining butter into the mixture
- Put shrimp back into the skillet and continue to cook over medium heat
- Add fettuccine, parsley, dill, and chives to the skillet and toss, making sure to blend well
- Salt and pepper to taste
Taken together, the prep and cooking of our Key West Pink Shrimp Fettucine should take approximately one hour. This dish will serve 4-6 adults and goes very nicely with a simple garden salad.
For a wine pairing, it’s best to go with the same chardonnay you used in the reduction. This gives the meal a wonderful balance, but you can also pair the meal with another dry white if you’re so inclined.
This is one of our perennial favorites and we hope you love it as much as we do. Stay tuned for another great seafood recipe. In the meantime, you can order fresh seafood from our website for next day delivery. Enjoy!