There is a wide variety of delectable fresh fish you can purchase in Key West, but none are tastier than the yellowtail snapper. With its mild flavor and flaky white meat, the yellowtail is versatile, easy to prepare, and delicious to just about every palate. Of course, you’ll have to know how to cook the fish in a way that brings out its fresh flavor without overpowering it with batter or seasoning.
Recipes From Key West’s Top Online Seafood Market
That’s why we’re presenting our Yellowtail Snapper with Vegetable Medley Recipe. It’s a light but very satisfying way to ring in the spring with some of the finest fish in Key West. But this is more than enough of an introduction. Let’s get down to business and show you the recipe.
Yellowtail Snapper with Vegetable Medley Recipe
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 8-oz yellowtail snapper fillets
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 leaves fresh parsley
Once you’ve gathered these ingredients, here’s how to prepare the fish:
- Mix flour with salt and pepper for the batter
- Coat fillets lightly in batter
- Warm the oil in the skillet over medium heat
- Cook fillets until browned on both sides (approximately 3 minutes per side)
- Remove fish and keep warm
- Add butter and lemon juice to skillet and allow to simmer for 2 minutes
- Pour butter and lemon blend over fish and garnish with parsley leaves
You’ll find that you can serve yellowtail snapper with a wide array of veggies, but here’s a sample that we think goes with it perfectly.
This is a very simple sauteed vegetable recipe. Here are the ingredients we suggest:
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 diced medium-sized zucchini
- 2 small eggplants, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Here are the steps to prepare the vegetable medley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add the vegetables
- Season with salt and pepper
- Turn heat down to medium and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Toss occasionally.
This recipe will serve 4 people and should require less than an hour of total prep and cooking time. Visit this blog often for more recipes from Eaton Street Seafood Market, your destination for in-house Key West dining and ordering from our online seafood market.