Welcome back to Eaton Street Seafood Market, where you can get fresh fish delivery overnight and find great recipes for preparing it! There’s no better place on the web to find Key West dining information and ordering fresh seafood online. Our last recipe introduced you to the pleasures of fried yellowtail snapper, but we’re going to change things up this time with an easy-to-make recipe for baked grouper.
Even among the many delicious table fish found in Key West, the grouper stands out as something truly special. The grouper is a lean, moist fish with a mild yet distinct flavor that doesn’t need much seasoning to emerge. The grouper can be cooked in a number of ways, but for this week’s recipe, you’ll be baking it. Although you can use either black or red grouper in this recipe, we suggest you go with the red because of its sweeter flavor.
Baked Grouper Fillets with Lemon Butter and Rosemary
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to gather for this light, delicious dish:
- 2 lbs Fresh Red Grouper Fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Now that you know what ingredients to have on hand, here’s how to cook the grouper to perfection:
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray
- Mix the melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl and stir well
- Rinse and dry the grouper fillets
- Place fillets in baking and dish and salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle the lemon butter over the fillets, distributing as evenly as possible
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes
- Switch oven to broil and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes
- The grouper fillets are fully cooked when you can flake the meat off easily with a fork
- Plate and garnish each fillet with a sprig of fresh rosemary
Eaton Street is Your Destination for the Best Key West Seafood Online
This dish serves four people and goes well with a garden salad, crusty French-style bread, and wild rice or risotto. If you’d like to serve wine with the meal, we suggest you pair the grouper with a nice pinot noir. Be sure to check back with us regularly for more delicious seafood recipes.
Along with our sit down restaurant, walk-up market, and fresh fish delivery, this blog makes Eaton Street your one-stop shopping destination for the freshest, most delectable seafood you’ll find in Key West. We look forward to hearing from you soon or serving you in person.