Greetings everyone, and welcome back to the Eaton Street Seafood Market blog. Each week, we offer a delicious seafood recipe as an extra service to our customers. This service is in addition to being the top destination for the freshest fish, lobster, and other delicious fruits of the sea in Key West.
Eaton Street offers in-house dining and fresh carryout from our Old Town location, as well as mail-order fish and overnight seafood delivery. This time out, we’re presenting our incredible Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Lemon Recipe. It’s both delicious and easy to make.
Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Lemon
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 12 medium to large sea scallops (approximately 1 1/2 lbs.)
- Salt and Pepper
- 12 slices of thickly cut bacon (approximately 1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons of melted, unsalted butter
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
While some scallop recipes include extra ingredients like paprika, olive oil, ginger, and teriyaki sauce, we prefer not to overwhelm the flavor of the bacon and fresh scallop combo. You can add seasons, etc as you see fit, but we think this simple list is best.
Here are the steps to take for preparing the dish:
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Use salt and pepper to season the scallops to taste
- Wrap each scallop tightly with one slice of bacon
- Optional: Secure bacon to scallops with a toothpick
- Move wrapped scallops to the prepped baking sheet
- Drizzle scallops with melted butter
- Roast for approximately 20-22 minutes, or until both the bacon and scallops are cooked through
- Serve immediately with lemon garnish, while the scallops are still warm
Of course, these directions will change slightly if you add any extra ingredients, but these simple steps will provide the proper frame of reference.
As you can probably see, this is a dish you can easily prepare in about 45 minutes. With an appropriate side dish, this meal will feed four adults. A variety of sides pair nicely with bacon wrapped scallops, but we recommend rice pilaf, risotto, or pasta. For a heavier meal, you can go with a nice baked potato.
Beyond that, all you have to do is enjoy! We’ll be presenting another fresh seafood recipe very soon, so be sure and check back with us often.