Welcome back to the Eaton Street Market, the top online spot to have fresh fish delivered to your door. This week, we’re presenting a Key West version of ahi poke, a traditional raw fish salad recipe featuring Blackfin tuna. We think you’ll find it’s a great way to cool off during what’s proving to be very hot summer.
Let’s get right to the recipe.
Ani Poke With Key West Yellow Fin Tuna
The recipe we’re presenting can be used as an appetizer or for an entree. The dish will serve four adults either way, but you’ll need to add steamed rice to use it as an entree. The key to the recipe is using sushi quality tuna steak, which you can order directly from our site for overnight delivery. With fresh fish delivered to your door, this ahi poke recipe is certain to satisfy even the most discerning seafood palate.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need on hand:
- 2 lbs sushi grade tuna steaks, cut into cubes
- 1 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup of sweet Vidalia onion, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons of low sodium soy sauce, adjusted to taste
- 3 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil, adjusted to taste
- Kosher salt and crushed red pepper to taste
- 3 cups of steamed rice if serving as an entree
Once you’ve gathered these ingredients, here are the simple directions for preparing our Blackfin poke recipe:
- In a large bowl, mix the Blackfin cubes, green and Vidalia onions, sesame oil, soy sauce, and a small pinch of crushed red pepper
- Season with kosher salt to taste
- Adjust to taste with additional salt and crushed red pepper
- Refrigerate for approximately two hours prior to serving
- If used as an appetizer, serve as is
- If the ahi poke is to be used as an entree, serve over the steamed rice while it’s still warm
The Number One Site For Fresh Fish Delivered to Your Door
We hope you find our ahi poke recipe as delicious and refreshing as we do. We also hope to see you again next time out, when we present another delicious Key West seafood recipe. But in the meantime, remember that the Eaton Street Seafood market is the internet’s best destination for fresh fish delivered to your door. And if you order early enough in the day, we can even guarantee overnight delivery. Until next time, be well and eat delicious seafood!