August is here and that means the start of lobster season down here in Key West. Other than a couple of days in July, lobster hasn’t been available since March. But now that the season is finally in full swing, you can order lobster online for next day delivery.
Yes, lobster season is back and we couldn’t be happier. In fact, we think it’s cause for a celebration. That’s why we’re devoting our next two recipe blogs to this delicious crustacean. First up is one of our perennial favorites– Broiled Lobster Tail with Lemon Butter and Basil. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Broiled Lobster Tail with Lemon Butter and Basil
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to have on hand to prepare this succulent seafood dish:
- 4 whole Key West lobster tails
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of lemon pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz fresh basil leaves
- 2 whole lemons, cut into wedges
Here are the preparation instructions:
- Preheat oven to Broil (500 degrees)
- Put the lobster tails on a baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut the top of the shells lengthwise. Pull the shells slightly apart. Then, use cold water to rinse the tail and make sure there aren’t small bits of shell left over.
- Mix the butter, lemon pepper, lemon juice, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Use the mixture to coat the lobster’s flesh, making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Put the tails back on the baking sheet and broil for approximately six minutes. Be careful though– lobster tail is easy to overcook. You might even want to wrap the tails loosely in aluminum foil to prevent it.
- Plate and garnish with basil and lemon wedges.
This recipe serves four adults and goes nicely with wild rice or a baked potato.
Lobster Online and Next Day Delivery
The Eaton Street Recipe Blog is just one of the many ways we satisfy our customers. We also offer the freshest seafood in all of Key West. Contact us today for next day delivery. There’s nothing better than lobster online from The Eaton Street Food Market and we look forward to receiving your order. So until next time, enjoy your summer with family and fabulous eating.