Welcome back to the Eaton Street recipe blog, which is an extension of the best online seafood market in the business. Last time out, we presented a delicious ahi poke recipe. This week, we’re proud to continue the delicious tuna trend with one of our favorite hot weather recipes– a Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna Salad.
Although this dish can be served as an appetizer, the following recipe is designed as an entree that will feed four adults. For an eclectic mix of Asian and American cuisine, we suggest you serve the salad with a vinegar and oil based ginger dressing.
Sesame Crusted Seared Tuna Salad
First, here are the ingredients you’ll need for preparing the fish:
- 1 pound Blackfin tuna loin, cut into ½ “ thick strips
- 2 tbsps black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsps white sesame seeds
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- You’ll also need to have approximately ten ounces of arugula or spring mix lettuce on hand to finish the salad once the tuna’s prepared.
Here are the directions for preparing the seared tuna:
- Combine the black and white sesame seeds in a small mixing bowl.
- Season the tuna with kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste.
- Roll the tuna strips in the sesame seed mix until completely coated and set aside.
- Heat a saute pan on high and cook the olive oil through.
- Sear the tuna on both sides for approximately 30 seconds. it should be seared on the outside but almost raw on the inside.
- Toss your choice of salad mix with approximately 2 tbsp of the ginger dressing.
- Place the seared tuna on top and serve immediately.
Key West’s Top Online Seafood Market
Nobody does Key West seafood like we do here at Eaton Street. Everything you order from our online seafood market is caught by local fishermen and sold fresh. We also offer overnight delivery all over the country. In short, we’ve got you covered when it comes to incredible seafood meals all year round. We look forward to seeing you in person or delivering freshly caught seafood directly to your door.